About the Resilience Initiative
The Resilience Initiative for Food and Agriculture brings together agri-food research and industry expertise in Australia, Asia and the Pacific with the aim of building more resilient agri-food systems.
The goals of the Initiative are to:
- Gain better insights into food system resilience in the Asia-Pacific
- Deliver development-ready solutions based on excellent science, shaped by local contexts
- Build capacity for resilience through in-country partnerships
To achieve this, we will:
- Implement and deliver strategic research and development projects in the area of agri-food systems resilience, making use of the interdisciplinary expertise of our partners.
- Build a pipeline of talent and capability through postdoctoral research fellowships and graduate and postgraduate research opportunities for Australian and Asia-Pacific students.
- Undertake project partnerships and exchange programs to support a new generation of agri-food systems development leaders in academia, government and private sector in the Asia-Pacific.
- Act as an ideas incubator and catalyst, where research and industry come together to seek and develop innovative solutions for food security.